? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Some of My Past Cake Creations - Lane's 7th

I have had cakes on my mind since baking and blogging about Kaitlin's birthday cake yesterday, so I've looked up pictures of some of my past creations. Hope you enjoy them.

This little guy is from Lane's 7th birthday cake. Lane wanted a hunting themed birthday party. If you know me, I don't really do much small scale. I tend to get carried away and go all-out. I created this cake with Lane sitting on it in his deer stand. "Lane" is made all out of fondant that I tinted the appropriate colors. I painted his hair on with gel food coloring. You should have seen me trying to make those tiny fingers! The "deer stand" is obviously made of graham crackers held together with buttercream (gingerbread house style) and accented with vegetation made of green buttercream. The front of the deer stand is supported by two Nestle Crunch Stix. The back rests on the taller portion of the cake.

This is an overhead view of the entire cake. I constructed it from a large chocolate sheet cake and two 9inch rounds. It's iced with pre-made (I love shortcuts) chocolate icing and covered with tinted fondant "blobs" to make it resemble camouflage. There are also randomly scattered leaves and a leaf border of green buttercream.


This is an overhead view of the round cakes. The "Happy Birthday Lane" banner is simply white fondant that I rolled out, cut into a banner shape and painted on with gel icing color. At the end of the banner, you can make out something yellow. This was Lane's creation. He wanted a "deer feeder" on his cake. I won't even pretend that I'm a hunter and I never intend upon being, but I know deer feeders mean deer corn, so our deer corn is the yellow tips off of candy corn! Ta-da! One deer feeder complete. You can see it a bit more in the picture of the entire cake.

I am not a sculptress. I repeat, NOT a sculptress, but this closely resembles a deer, right? I made this big buck out of fondant, did my best to paint him with the gel icing color and hid him in the brush (pretzel sticks and buttercream leaves). They were 7 --- they thought he was great!




My proud boy with his cake. This is what it's all about. That sweet little guy tells me priceless things like "Wow! That's the most awesome cake ever!!" Suddenly, staying up til 2am with food coloring ruining my manicure is my favorite thing to do. Hopefully, these are the things they'll remember for a lifetime!















0 comments: