? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Itchy & Scratchy

On Friday, Lane began to complain of itching. To my dismay, I discovered that he had a red, raised, whelp-like rash in the areas he complained of itching (his face, tummy, back & arms). I immediately hunted down the Benadryl and started trying to discern what he was reacting to. He felt much better after the Benadryl had taken effect. The rash was almost invisible and the itching had subsided. Initially, I thought the allergy had to be to some pink lemonade that I had never given him before, but after withholding this and watching the rash and itching return every 4hours like clockwork, I felt safe ruling this out. Apparently, he is allergic to a new detergent that I started using (and loved, but oh, well!) last week. Today I have rewashed all his clean clothes to make sure that the itchy-scratchy detergent is evacuated. He has been wearing clothes that I'm sure had none of the culprit in them and still taking the Benadryl and I have my fingers crossed that he's on the mend. Poor thing! These are a couple pics that I took today of the menacing rash. This is about midway in the severity that it has ranged. This looks rough, but it has been worse than this --- if you can imagine! We'll probably have to head to the doctor tomorrow if things don't resolve.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked for a Dermatologist for about a year and a half and you are doing the right thing...as long as he isn't having trouble breathing u just have to wait for it to subside. Oh, wait..ur a nurse..u know that. LOL. There is a foam you can use...I don't remember the name of it but it helps with contact dermatitis.

Crystal said...

Thanks for the reassurance! Even though you know you're doing the right thing there's that nagging little doubt that gets to ya at times -- What if it's something else? What if it doesn't get better? You know, that kinda thing. I just keep talking to myself (yep, I admit to that too) --- It can't be an infectious rash. If it were, he'd likely have fever and feel bad. It's widespread, so it has to be something he ate or a lot of his body was exposed to. Ruled out the food possibilities unless it's something he just became sensitized to. That leaves the detergent. This conclusion has been reinforced by his feet breaking out today (he wore socks yesterday). It's been a pain washing everything again but he's doing better this evening. Whew!