? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Look What Else I've Made

I created this supply bag for Lane last year. It was loads of fun and turned out super cute (in my humble opinion). This is just a little supply bag that I picked up at a clearance store.

Have I ever mentioned how much I love places like that? I LOVE, absolutely LOVE to hunt for bargains. You would probably not believe how excited I can get in a Big Lots, Goodwill, a consignment store or any great place like that!! It's not normal, I know, but when did I ever claim to be normal??!! I think I picked up these bags for a buck or less each.

This is simply painted with Lane's name in acrylic paint. It's usually a good idea to mix your acrylics with fabric medium for something like this, but I'm not going to pretend I do it every time. After the letters dried, I accented them with yellow paint "stitching." The "stitching" seems to make the letters look a little more finished and three dimensional. Because we are proud to be Hornets, I added several of them flying around on the bag. Here's a tip that I love --- for small "lining" tasks like the black lines on the hornets wings, skip the paint and paintbrush and use a good gel pen. I've done this on several items. It's much easier to get your lines where you want them and has held up well on anything I've tried it on.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: