? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fun Family Float

Yesterday was the last Saturday before school starts back for the fall. Our family simply couldn't let it pass without doing something. One past time that we've discovered this summer is floating the Caddo River, so we invited another family to join us for the adventure. We knew it would be a blast for the kids and hoped we weren't in for a harrowing experience. Funny thing is, we have 2 children, they have 4 and I was much more concerned about our children's behavior, but I suppose that's my job as a mom, huh?

Even after several hours of floating, this gang still had plenty of energy -- Photo 1 is of the whole gang after the float!

At around the half-way point of the trip, there is a deep portion of the river with a rope swing. Several of our gang were game to give it a try -- Photo 2 is of Rick as Tarzan!

Of course, I was a bit concerned about how the little ones would do. Kenny, Cohen, Lane and I had floated before, but Cohen has a bit of a stubborn streak so when we approached the first little area of rapids, he refused to get in his tube. The result? He was left screaming in the little area of rapids while Laney and I floated ahead. Don't worry folks, we're talking Class I rapids --- at best. I ran our tube aground and called to him to walk down (yes, it was that shallow) to us. Of course, he was in full meltdown mode at this point and required the kindness of a stranger who held his hand as he walked to us. After a bit, the little ones decided that the best ride on the river was with me. Aren't they cute? A bit heavy after a while, but cute --- Photo 3 is of Cohen, Laney and I loaded up on the tube.

I don't know about your family, but in my family, I am the designated photographer. I love the assignment of capturing our family's memories and snobbishly think I'm far superior at the job. The downside of this is that very, very few photos ever exist to document that I was present at said activities. Occasionally, this fact comes to mind and I'll hand the camera over and ask someone else to take a photo with me in it. Oddly, making this request makes me feel quite self-centered but I'm generally glad that I've done so in the end. From the friends that I've spoken to, it seems this is the mommy's fate in many families so I couldn't let the day pass without capturing one of those rare photos -- Photo 4 actually captures two of the rarely seen mommy of the species.

Photo 5 captures the often photographed daddies!

Photo 6 is the whole brood of children at the beginning of the trip. From what I can tell, we ended the trip with the same kids we started with so I guess we can call it a successful trip.






















0 comments: