? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, August 1, 2009

I Want Piiiiiiizzzzaaaa!

I love to share funny stories. I'm not even above embarrassing myself to make someone else laugh. Laughter is a beautiful sound (Trust me. I know. I just took my little one on a "trip to Tickle Town.")

Earlier this week, Lane, Cohen and I were discussing our lunch plans. I asked them if they would rather have jambalaya (with an explanation of what it was -- sausage, rice, etc...) or pizza. No surprise -- they chose pizza. As I began to get lunch ready, I noticed that my oldest, Lane was holding one of those generic, black combs. We're not much of a comb-using kind of family, so I asked him where he got the comb. I was terribly afraid that he was going to answer "Somebody gave it to me on the bus" or "I found it on the floor." Luckily, that was not the case. He said that he had found it in the bathroom. Thinking that this might be a good "teachable moment," I continued our conversation by asking Lane if he knew he shouldn't ever use someone else's comb or brush (I know, great kitchen conversation). He replyied that he did and that he knew you could catch lice from such activity. At about this point in the conversation, Cohen, my 3 yo, re-entered the kitchen and began listening half-heartedly to our discussion. To further confirm Lane's understanding of the whole icky matter, I went on to ask if he knew what lice were. Lane replied "they're bugs that live in your hair!" Evidently, the only word that Cohen had really honed in on in our talk was "lice." Suddenly, he was quite upset with me and my failure to honor his lunch requests. He loudy objected "I don't want lice!!! I want pizza!!" I guarantee that my laughter quickly turned an ordinary lunch into a magical mommy moment!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: