? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cake Creating

Today, I'm doing my best to create a birthday cake for my step-daughter who turns 15 tomorrow (wow!). If memory serves me correctly, my first birthday cake was a "6" that I made for her 6th birthday (bet you had that one figured out). Gosh, that seems like just yesterday! Hopefully, my cake-decorating skills have evolved a bit since that time. I've at least learned a thing or two about how to approach things but the end result is usually just dumb luck.

This is my first cake since my blogging adventure has begun, so I thought my readers might enjoy being taken along for the ride. I've taken photos of the process thus far. Honestly, the hardest part about making cakes for me is keeping my children out of them! Wish me luck with that!!

Pic 1 is two 9" rounds that I baked (from a mix, don't go thinking I'm one of those "scratch" bakers), cooled, leveled and stacked.

Pic 2 is the cake-to-be with its crumb coating.

and

Pic 3 is the cake after being introduced to the cake plate. Don't worry, I didn't ice the cake directly on my countertop. There's wax paper under there!

Next step, more contemplation about what exactly this creation is going to end up looking like and a trip to the store for the appropriate supplies. Come back soon to see how she's coming along....

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: