? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, August 13, 2009

POP Night

It's hard for me to believe that my little man is about to start the second grade. Wow! Seems like just yesterday I was waddling around the ER with him in utero! It was entertaining how many people asked me "when are you going on maternity leave" in the last few weeks. Apparently, I looked as if I were going to give birth any moment!! My response was always "when my water breaks or I have to push." Maybe it was a bit of an exaggeration, but suffice it to say, I had no intention of wasting one moment of my maternity leave at home by my fat self. In fact, I worked on Wednesday, saw my doctor on Thursday afternoon, went in to the hospital on Thursday evening, had Lane Friday morning and went home Saturday afternoon. Oh, and since I can't stand to lose, I had him at church on Sunday evening. (My mother took me to church at the same church for the first time when I was 9 days old. Nothing would suit me but to take Lane when he was 2 days old.)

That tiny 2 day-old infant has transformed into this boy at what seems like warp-speed! He's far too cool to have his picture taken and is constantly clowning --- anything to make his friends laugh and everyone is his friend. I don't know how, but apparently, the entire school knows who Lane is. They might not know me from Adam, but they know Lane. Chances are if they do know me, it's as "Lane's Momma." He loves to hear his friends say "Lane, you're so funny." I know what you're thinking. He does not get that from me ---- I promise!! I hardly spoke until I was 14 years old!! I have witnesses to support my story.

Tonight was POP night at school. We were able to go, drop off Lane's school supplies, meet his teacher and have a brief orientation. Lane is really excited about school. He was totally jazzed about buying his school supplies, but moreover, I think he can't wait to get back to his friends. He's already making arrangements as to who he's going to play with on the playground.

It's truly hard to see them growing up so quickly, but it's such a blessing too. I enjoy being witness to the loving, creative, smart boy I'm watching him become. It's my hope that he will grow into a man who can be both tough and tender. Mothering him is such a gift. I am tremendously thankful for my sweet little (or not so little) boys

Posted by Picasa

0 comments: