? ??????????????Bass Drop? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (34 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 6778 Total Grabs. ??????P
review?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Purple Flower? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.3 (726 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 103533 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????????? ????E BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Past Cake Creations - Cohen's Third

My boys are boys through-and-through. They love all things boy, so it was only natural that Cohen's 3rd birthday party theme be construction. This was by far the easiest cake I've done yet. Great for when you need something cute in a crunch!

This is simply two 9inch rounds (chocolate, of course. I don't even bother to ask my kids anymore) cooled, leveled and stacked. Around the edge of the cake, I used chocolate icing to apply chocolate covered wafers. I'm not even sure what tip I used, but I piped green buttercream icing to the top surface to make it resemble grass. The "gravel road" is crushed vanilla creme cookies and the "pile of dirt" is made of chocolate ones. A few construction vehicles complete the look. Oh, the Happy Birthday Cohen banner is fondant that I rolled out and painted on with gel icing color. It's attached to the cookies with buttercream and accented by two construction cones that are also adhered with buttercream.
Cohen thought his cake was great, but he's 3, so all he really wanted to do was eat it and play with the toys!

0 comments: